Goal: Understanding what is important to the school board, the professional team and the community at large.
- Meet with the board for a retreat in August
- Meet 1:1 board members
- Meet with the Skokomish Nation Community
- Meet with all staff 1:1
- Consult with the outgoing superintendent
- Meet with union council
- Meet with ESD Superintendent
- Initiate collaboration with local Superintendents
- Hold a community introduction/forum
- Meet with stakeholder groups & business community
- Meet with student groups
- Sept & Oct visit all classrooms
Goal: Understanding all systems in place within the Hood Canal School District.
I will learn about...
- Strengths and needs within the district
- Native American Nation Community
- Board policies & superintendent/board relationship guidelines
- The district budget & state of financial affairs, next year's budget
- The current CBA & staff handbooks
- Community-based organizations and business partners
- Our students by being present, visible & approachable
- Extra curricular activities and the arts
Goal: Ensuring a successful launch of the 2022-23 school year.
Pathways for Sucess:
Collectively as a team, we will...
- Plan for a successful start of the 2022-23 school year
- Prepare for continuous safety/health practices
- Prepare for on-going responsive collaboration on ALL teaching & learning
- Foster a strong/ethical Culture & Climate for productive relationships
- Create a plan: monthly media to inform families on district matters
- Include culture, traditions and history as a compass for all future endeavors
- Beging to bridge with other like districts in the area
- Reach to Rotary, Lions service clubs, etc.